Tuesday 24 July 2012

It's always a good time!

We had an introductory class about public speaking today. I personally find public speaking a difficult task. It is definitely not for everyone. I guess people who are good at it are those who possess enough courage to stand before a crowd and not only that, but to have the knowledge and capabilities to confidently present their speech. I can vaguely recall participating in a storytelling competition, not public speaking (hehe), when I was 12 and it was already a very scary experience although I only stood before the judges. So when it finally came to the public speaking activity in ECS, I have to admit, it was nerve wracking. We had a practice to prepare ourselves for the real (assessed) one on August 6th and what we had to do was to prepare a speech about our characteristics or any life changing experience we've encountered.


I talked mainly about myself. How I was raised in a Nyonya Baba family and thus, why it was difficult for me to speak in chinese. Also of course, the hopeless romantic side of me, which I don't think will go away anytime soon. Last year was pretty tough, I had to make a choice between Medicine & Pharmacy and I've always wanted to be a paediatrician. I guess life experiences help you to decide which path you should take and I chose a future in Pharmacy.




Hearing my classmates' stories also felt really good. Some I could relate to and some taught me a little about life. Now I kinda have mixed feelings about the public speaking on August 6th. Keeping my fingers crossed everything will be fine!


Okay, I shall sign off with one song I absolutely adore. Favourite of the week!









It gives such a positive vibe! Like no matter where you are or what you're doing, hear this and it's all good :D



No comments:

Post a Comment