Sunday 22 July 2012

Shape Poetry :D

I came into this class with no knowledge about shape poetry haha. Turned out to be the best class so far! Loved how Ms.Sheba got our creative juices out. One of the things she did was to get us to form a circle and mimic our classmates' actions as we took turns. Love the background music played that day! 'I'm Alive' by Celine Dion. Listening to it as I type :D *her voice gives me goosebumps*



The highlight of the day would probably be the guessing game where we had to act out the beginning of a situation and freeze at the count of '1..2..3'. Then we'll act out the ending after a few seconds in freeze mode haha. My group came up with the idea of 2 girls showering and one naughty guy, Kim Eik [:P], would be peeping. Two wardens will pass by and scold him for it then *freeze* the two girls invites him to join them in the shower and he was even pushed into the cubicle by the two wardens hahaha.




Wait, getting carried away here. Back to shape poetry! After Ms.Sheba explained what it's all about, we started writing and shaping our poem. I did one about my grandfather. He had an operation a few days ago and is now recuperating in the hospital. Hope he'll come home healthy soon! :)


Oh and here's what I came up with :










Shape poetry is really interesting! Love how a descriptive poem can be shaped into it's subject. Never knew or seen something quite like it. English class has been fun!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment